VP, Strategy & Finance
Skurt is a tech company based out of Los Angeles that is changing the way people get around. We’ve created a simple, beautiful experience that lets you book a car and have it delivered to you. When you’re done with the car, we pick it up from you. No more trouble managing your booking, long waits to pick up your car, exorbitant fuel fees, or over 21 fees.
How have we managed to do all of these things in an industry that hasn’t changed for decades? Simple. We’ve built a team of insanely talented, ambitious problem-solvers. As a result, demand for our service is at an all time high and we’re looking for inspiring people to join our crew.
This role will report directly to the CEO. You will have a direct impact on shaping the future of Skurt’s financial strategy. This person will work with Supply Chain, Operations and Executive personnel across all business units and regions to analyze and report information relating to the financial impact of all business operations, marketing, deliveries, distribution etc. You will contribute to the development of best practice standards involving any/all financial decisions across multiple departments and business units.
You should be able to help Skurt by leading financial planning for both short term goals and long term plans by project managing a financial strategy across departments within the company. Revenue forecast and financial model to help Skurt elevate its business model while also setting goals with the operations and margin teams to track financial success.
• Act as a strategic business partner to the CEO
• Direct and coordinate financial planning and budget management functions
• Manage all due diligence associated with investment rounds
• Ability to analyze data and form strategy for both short and long term business goals.
• Excellent financial modeling skills.
• Pro at analytics. Able to analyze data cross company spending to identify facts, trends and insights.
• You can synthesize analytical findings into strategy by advising departments on the nuts and bolts of their expenses and spending to increase ROI and productivity.
• Strong passion for finances and profitability.
• Excellent communication skills and an innate ability to breakdown aspects of financial planning and analytics to team members across all departments.
• 3+ years of experience in a related field.
• Professional competency working with Excel.
• Ability to synthesize large sets of data from multiple, seemingly unrelated sources.
• Self-motivated. You can get things done quickly, easily and without much guidance.
• Leader. You can build the financial team from the ground up.
• Has the ability to come into an environment without much set processes related to finances and implement best practice.
• Flexible team player who is looking to thrive in a fast-growing company.
• Competitive salary and a stock option plan
• Fully paid medical, dental and vision benefits
• Unlimited Paid Vacation!
• Amazing team and company culture
• Awesome office located in Culver City