Skurt is a tech company based out of Los Angeles that is changing the way people get around. We’ve created a simple, beautiful experience that lets you book a car and have it delivered to you. When you’re done with the car, we pick it up from you. No more trouble managing your booking, long waits to pick up your car, exorbitant fuel fees, or over 21 fees.
How have we managed to do all of these things in an industry that hasn’t changed for decades? Simple. We’ve built a team of insanely talented, ambitious problem-solvers. As a result, demand for our service is at an all time high and we’re looking for inspiring people to join our crew.
As we grow, we face important questions about how to improve our offering. We’re going to be expanding to different cities, optimising expansive logistical operations and straddling the delicate balance between the supply and demand sides of our network. And so, we’re looking for a data scientist to help us arrive at the most important insights.
In this role, you’ll be the gatekeeper of our large, rapidly growing dataset. We have a treasure trove of exciting data being fed from different sources into our datawarehouse. You’ll spend time combing through it, teasing out its secrets. You’ll also get the chance to work on the Skurt Verification System, our proprietary fraud detection algorithm that identifies risky renters when they book with us.
• A Masters/Phd in Stats, Machine Learning or a related area of study
• Great command of common tools used for data manipulation: SQL/Matlab etc
• Experience in building modeling and machine learning tools and platforms
• Some previous experience applying your skills in a commercial environment
• Competitive salary and a stock option plan
• Fully paid medical, dental and vision benefits
• Unlimited Paid Vacation!
• Amazing team and company culture
• Awesome office located in Culver City