Front-end Engineer (Driver App - Mobile)
Skurt is a tech company based out of Los Angeles that is changing the way people get around. We’ve created a simple, beautiful experience that lets you book a car and have it delivered to you. When you’re done with the car, we pick it up from you. No more trouble managing your booking, long waits to pick up your car, exorbitant fuel fees, or over 21 fees.
How have we managed to do all of these things in an industry that hasn’t changed for decades? Simple. We’ve built a team of insanely talented, ambitious problem-solvers. As a result, demand for our service is at an all time high and we’re looking for inspiring people to join our crew.
Come help us build us applications that enchants our customers, enriches our suppliers or helps our drivers. Expect to work on interesting projects on various products and have a big say in the direction of our products. We’re a tech company at heart, meaning that code touches every aspect of our business. With us, you’ll enjoy the day-to-day reality of seeing your code improve the experiences of our customers, suppliers and team members.
The delivery provider that we build empowers all of our ground logistics, including our customer deliveries. As a part of the Driver team, you will be working on the products we built for our driver work force, including the mobile application, intelligent dispatch system and remote controlled pay cards.
• 3+ years building front-end applications
• Passion for building mobile products
• Deep knowledge in at least on front-end framework (React, Backbone, Ember etc.)
• Interest in diving into new technologies such as React Native (does not mean that you will only work with React Native)
• CS degree or equivalent work experience (strong focus on practical experience versus theoretical knowledge)
• Familiarity with the principles of good UX
• Experience developing testing suites for mobile applications
• Experience with React Native
• Experience with Photoshop or Sketch
• Experience with a server side framework (Django, Flask, RoR etc.)
• A Github account with some cool projects in it and epic debugging skills
• Competitive salary and a stock option plan
• Fully paid medical, dental and vision benefits
• Unlimited Paid Vacation
• Amazing team and company culture
• Awesome office located in Culver City