DevOps Engineer | Minecraft
Burnaby, British Columbia /
Software Engineering /
Permanent Full Time
Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, supporting development of Fallout 76, and developing unannounced titles including partner projects and internal IP. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200+ engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
Interested? Let’s talk about what we’re hiring for:
Our Minecraft team is currently looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a variety of build infrastructure and automation pipelines supporting multiple platforms. Come put your knowledge and skills to work in a fun, collaborative and dynamic game development environment!
The perfect person for this role has expertise in build work, values open communication and can work independently. You know what goes into making a AAA game - and you're ready to use a lot of new technology.
A snapshot of your role:
- Monitor and address issues relating to automated systems and build infrastructure
- Address build issues and make suggestions for improvements
- Create, maintain and improve automation pipelines
- Provide updates on assigned tasks and identify project risks
- Provide constructive feedback on how to develop and improve processes, tools and workflows
- Push the boundaries of what you know by learning new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience in a similar role
- Experience with DevOps, automation pipelines or continuous integration
- Experience with “distributed builds”
- Professional use and knowledge with any of the following: CMake, Python, AzureDevOps (yaml), Bash and/or Powershell
- Basic C++ knowledge with the ability to read the language and understand how compiling works and how software is assembled
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external teams
- Strong problem-solving skills, with a quick ability to learn new technology and self-investigate possible solutions
- A commitment to self-direction, collaboration and constant improvement
- Knowledge of Ninja and/or MSBuild
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs:
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration, and personal growth.
At SkyBox Labs, you can contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to independent IP, without compromising on culture. As a rapidly growing independent company, we maintain a ‘small studio’ feel with our flat structure, leading with authenticity, and fostering connection.
We relentlessly support your growth and development. From team building through personal interest groups and clubs to studio-wide knowledge sharing through learning lunches, and more formalized programs like SkyBox U, we support our team every step of the way.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow to the studio that we are today while ultimately cultivating an environment of trust and mutual respect where you can thrive. We value our team members’ diverse backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and we celebrate them! This is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Flexible Hybrid and Remote Work Models:
With the goal to provide the best possible work environment for all, the majority of our team is working in a flexible hybrid work model from Vancouver and Victoria. The opportunity to work permanently remotely across Canada is also available for certain designated roles.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Only candidates that reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role. Additionally, although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/