Senior Software Engineer | Fallout 76
Burnaby, British Columbia /
Software Engineering /
Permanent Full Time
Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. The studio is currently co-developing Halo Infinite, working on projects in the Minecraft universe, supporting the dev team at Bungie on Destiny 2: Lightfall, supporting development of Fallout 76, and working on original IP. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people to a team of over 250+ Engineers, Artists, Animators, Designers, Producers, and more! Join us in our Burnaby or Victoria studios, or have the opportunity to work remotely within Canada for certain designated projects.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the SkyBox Labs team working on the development of Fallout 76! Working alongside technical leadership, you will be a major contributor in building out and maintaining live content systems on one of the world's most popular AAA RPG game franchises.
A snapshot of your role:
- Collaborate with a team to support and extend existing gameplay systems
- Enhance existing tools and frameworks in order to improve workflow and product quality
- Support multiple disciplines with technical issues and investigations
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback on team members' code, as well as team processes and workflows
- Learn new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
Who are you, and what experience will you bring?
- 5-7+ years of software development experience in the games industry
- Proficiency in C++
- Experience reviewing and writing technical design documents
- Strong understanding of optimization and debugging techniques
- Familiarity with multithreading, memory management concepts
- Familiarity working with AAA game engines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with a client/server model
- Experience in gameplay
- Experience shipping a AAA title
- A passion for games!
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs:
- Annual bonus and up to 3% RRSP matching available
- Comprehensive health benefits and a competitive salary, along with a supportive Parental Leave policy
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements; leverage our beautiful studio spaces as needed, and use our $400 work-from-home allowance to make your home office comfortable
- Take care of your mental health with our Employee Assistance Program, 3 weeks of vacation leave, and our free gym at our Solo Studio
- We relentlessly support your growth and development! Level up your C++ skills at SkyBox University, and expand your game dev knowledge with Lunch & Learns. You’ll join a culture of empowerment, collaboration, and personal growth
- Social events! Have fun with the team at trivia nights, karaoke nights, movie nights, and group activities. Join our soccer team, game jams, or a board game sesh after work. You name it, we’ve got it!
- Generous relocation allowance to support your move to either Vancouver or Victoria
- You’ll contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to Original IP
Our commitment to you:
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. You’ll join a collaborative, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around Canada. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things (and games!).
Only candidates who reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role. Additionally, although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Learn more about us at https://skyboxlabs.com/