Lead Environment Artist
Permanent Full Time
Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. The studio is currently co-developing Halo Infinite, working on projects in the Minecraft universe, supporting the dev team at Bungie on Destiny 2: Lightfall, supporting development of Fallout 76, and working on original IP. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people to a team of over 250+ Engineers, Artists, Animators, Designers, Producers, and more! Join us in our Burnaby or Victoria studios, or have the opportunity to work remotely within Canada for certain designated projects.
Interested? Let's talk about who we're hiring for:
SkyBox Labs is excited to be adding a Lead Environment Artist to our Pitch team. Joining the team in the early phases of development, you will be a pivotal part of the creations and be a key collaborator in the process from early stages through to release and beyond. You will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on the art of this game!
We are looking for someone who leads by example. A skilled Environment Artist with a knack for coaching, mentoring, and communication. If you’re interested in putting your creative skills and expertise toward new Original IPs, apply today!
A snapshot of your role:
- Be a hands-on leader of an experienced team of Artists
- Leverage your years of experience to create new exceptional high-quality 3D environment assets
- Be a key communicator and point of contact within the game team, the studio, and with our external partners
- Work collaboratively with the Producer to manage the team's schedule and deliverables
- Problem-solve and plan out 3D environment assets for optimal results for yourself and your team
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- At least 5 + years of experience in game development creating high-quality environment assets for games
- Experience leading a team of Artists
- Experience working on AAA titles and PC/console games is a preferred
- Experience working on world layouts, hard surfaces, and props
- Proficient in Maya, Photoshop, and ZBrush. 3Ds Max is a plus.
- Optimization experience
- Solid technical skills with knowledge of game engines and how to export assets
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs:
- Annual bonus and up to 3% RRSP matching available
- Comprehensive health benefits and a competitive salary, along with a supportive Parental Leave policy
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements; leverage our beautiful studio spaces as needed, and use our $400 work-from-home allowance to make your home office comfortable
- Take care of your mental health with our Employee Assistance Program, 3 weeks of vacation leave, and our free gym at our Solo Studio
- We relentlessly support your growth and development! Level up your C++ skills at SkyBox University, and expand your game dev knowledge with Lunch & Learns. You’ll join a culture of empowerment, collaboration, and personal growth
- Social events! Have fun with the team at trivia nights, karaoke nights, movie nights, and group activities. Join our soccer team, game jams, or a board game sesh after work. You name it, we’ve got it!
- Generous relocation allowance to support your move to either Vancouver or Victoria
- You’ll contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to Original IP
A portfolio and/or reel demonstrating relevant art skills is required in order to be considered for this position
Our commitment to you:
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. You’ll join a collaborative, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around Canada. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things (and games!).
Only candidates who reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role. Additionally, although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Learn more about us at https://skyboxlabs.com/