Senior Software Engineer | Minecraft
Burnaby, British Columbia
Permanent Full Time (RFT)
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite, connect players across platforms in Minecraft, unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and original title, Stela. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 180 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is currently looking for experienced and talented Software Engineers to join our team working on projects within the Minecraft universe! This is an exciting opportunity to work on a variety of engine-related features across multiple platforms.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers to drive engine and feature improvements, test software and address bug issues, and identify and solve performance issues
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback on how to develop and improve processes, tools and workflows
- Identify and provide updates on technology risks and obstacles to leads and PMs
- Learn new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
- At least 5 years of professional software development experience
- Strong proficiency in C++
- Experience designing, developing, and maintaining gameplay systems
- A creative thinker with advanced problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Experience data-driving custom C++ game engines
- Experience leading and/or mentoring others
- Experience shipping at least one game title
- A passion for Minecraft or games in general!
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 180+ person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.