Burnaby, British Columbia
Permanent Full Time (RFT)
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite, connect players across platforms in Minecraft, unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and original title, Stela. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 180 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is looking for a collaborative IT leader with honed experience leading an IT department. As we continue to expand our game studio and compete in this high-tech environment, this individual will work collaboratively with our team to keep our IT infrastructure, procurement, and security secure and well-built.
The best person for this role would be a strong communicator, a team player, and someone who is passionate about driving teams to solve challenging and complex IT problems.
- Lead the migration of our IT infrastructure and systems from a small organization to an enterprise level organization
- Create and execute a multi-year strategic IT plan that includes managing multiple office spaces; procurement of heavy duty hardware for 200+ people; and focusing on vital security and risk management.
- Support career and people management, helping the team grow and develop individual and group goals
- Oversee IT and security collaboration with our team and our various partners, communicating directly with various stakeholders inside and outside the company
- Strong proficiency in managing an IT department with increasing demands - taking ownership of IT strategy, infrastructure, procurement, and people management
- Proven experience with creating multi-year strategic plans for a company’s IT infrastructure, systems, and cybersecurity
- Skilled in managing multiple direct reports and their career development
- Comfort and expertise in being a key point of contact for executive level external partners and clients for IT related questions and concerns
- Experience in technical environment that supports over 200 + employees
- Experience working and scaling IT infrastructure to support a rapidly growing team
- Excellent in-depth knowledge of computer systems, cybersecurity, network and systems administration, architecture, and telecommunication systems
- Solid working knowledge of current security protocols and threats
- Experience working with a company as it transitions from small to enterprise level size
- Game industry experience or experience from another demanding tech focused industry
- An interest in games
- Security certifications
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 180+ person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.