Talent Acquisition Specialist
Burnaby, British Columbia /
Permanent Full Time (RFT)
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite, connect players across platforms in Minecraft, unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and original title, Stela. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is looking for a collaborative and results-driven Talent Acquisition Specialist to recruit and source top talent for our growing game development studio! As a valued member of the HR and Talent Acquisition team, you will play a key part in the growth and success of the business by building a robust and diverse talent pipeline for roles across disciplines including software engineering, art, design, operations, production and QA. This is a great opportunity to join a fun and dynamic work environment, with opportunities for ongoing learning and development!
Although this is a 1-year fixed term to start, you will be eligible for benefits and there is potential for the role to become permanent.
What You'll Do
- Leverage advanced sourcing techniques to build a robust and diverse talent pipeline of active and passive candidates through various channels and sources, including (but not limited to) LinkedIn and other social media platforms, networking events, professional job fairs and student career fairs, employee referrals, etc.
- Full-cycle recruitment: gain a deep understanding of our roles through research and thorough intake meetings with hiring managers; create compelling job ads; conduct thorough and effective screening of candidates; plan, facilitate and conduct interviews; negotiate, draft and send out job offers; and assist in creating a stellar onboarding experience for new employees
- Deliver an exceptional candidate experience throughout each stage of the recruitment process
- Partner and develop strong relationships with hiring managers and key stakeholders within the studio
- Analyze and present on key recruitment data and metrics in order to support hiring decisions and improve talent acquisition processes and procedures
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining effective talent acquisition, sourcing and recruitment marketing strategies
- Act as a studio ambassador through attendance at various industry events
- Attend university career fairs and assist with our student co-op program
- Drive and own recruitment-related projects as needed
What You'll Bring
- 3+ years of experience in a full-cycle recruitment role, either in a corporate or agency setting
- Demonstrated skills in sourcing and attracting talent through LinkedIn Recruiter and other platforms
- Proven success in filling difficult-to-fill roles in a highly competitive market
- A knack for building positive relationships with candidates, hiring managers and other key stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Tech-savvy with experience using Applicant Tracking Systems such as Lever or Greenhouse
- Strong analytical skills for analyzing and presenting recruitment data and metrics
- Ability to effectively manage your time, juggle multiple priorities and maintain focus under pressure in order to meet tight deadlines and fulfill extensive hiring demands
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Flexibility to help out where needed in order to achieve our recruitment goals and overall business needs
- Ability to exercise discretion and handle extremely confidential information
- A positive attitude and an eagerness to learn and expand your skills!
- Experience working in tech, games, VFX or a related industry
- Experience with employer branding and/or recruitment marketing
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 200 person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.