Senior Producer | Minecraft
Burnaby, British Columbia /
Permanent Full Time (RFT)
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite, connect players across platforms in Minecraft, unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and original title, Stela. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is looking for a Senior Producer with passion and experience in game development to join us on Minecraft! Our team is dynamic and complex, requiring someone who gets excited when managing many moving parts on a technical project, and who recognizes that relationship-building, communication, and collaboration are key parts in making Minecraft, one of the most successful games of all time.
In case there is any confusion based on the number of different ways our industry can view the 'producer' role, we envision this role to be close to project management in nature.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to develop project plans for the creation of features
- Collaborate with the technical lead to ensure overall alignment of goals in teams such as graphics and networking
- Drive and track progress - including setting priorities, identifying potential challenges, and impressing urgency on others
- Report on progress to both internal and external stakeholders with the utmost maturity and confidence, utilizing support from prepared decks, documents, and excel models to strengthen your communication strategy
- Communicate project plans through organizing and running meetings with key stakeholders and teams
- Coach, mentor, and support the production team on Minecraft, alongside other senior leaders
- Take on direct reports in engineering, where you support career growth by both using your own coaching skills and leveraging the abilities of others
- 5+ years of experience as a producer, project manager, or equivalent in game development
- Experience shipping one or more games with an established, professional team
- Established experience managing team confidence in project plans through organizing and running meetings with key stakeholders
- Expert communication skills that result in better relationships within teams and between partners
- A genuine interest in working in a collaborative environment where we win when everyone wins
- Experience with people management, coaching, and mentoring
- AAA games experience
- Professional experience with console/PC game development
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps (Visual Studio Online)
- Passionate about Minecraft and similar games in this genre
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 200 person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.