Junior Gameplay Animator | 12-month contract
Burnaby, British Columbia /
Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. The studio is currently co-developing Halo Infinite, working on projects in the Minecraft universe, supporting the dev team at Bungie on Destiny 2: Lightfall, supporting development of Fallout 76, and working on original IP. As one of Canada’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people to a team of over 250+ Engineers, Artists, Animators, Designers, Producers, and more! Join us in our Burnaby or Victoria studios, or have the opportunity to work remotely within Canada for certain designated projects.
Interested? Let's talk about who we're hiring for:
Are you a passionate Gameplay Animator that can bring life and personality to player-controlled characters?
SkyBox Labs is looking for a Junior Animator to join our Pitch team! You'll be joining at the early phase of development, and will have a pivotal role in the creation of our Original IP and be a key collaborator in the process from early stages through to release and beyond.
If you are an enthusiastic Gameplay Animator who wants to develop your skills in a creative environment where quality reigns, SkyBox animation is for you! This will be an initial 12-month fixed-term contract with the potential to move to a permanent role at the end of your contract, and you'll have the opportunity to work in a flexible hybrid model from our Vancouver or Victoria studios.
A snapshot of your role:
- You'll join our incubation team working on the early stages of AAA SkyBox games
- Create high-quality gameplay animations, prototyping, and eventually polished animations
- You'll have a lot of creative freedom and input, and be able to put a stamp on your ideas
- Problem solve with other departments such as design and engineering to create an optimal character
- Work collaboratively and proactively to improve animation pipelines
- Assist with the implementation of animations in the game engine
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- Experienced in working on high-quality hand-keyed animations
- 1+ years of experience working on character gameplay
- Familiar working with Maya and animation tools
- Honed communication skills and proactive work style
- Experience working on genres such as third-person action/adventure or first or third-person shooters
- Experience with manipulation of mocap data
- Technical animation comprehension in Unity, Unreal, or a proprietary engine
- Experience with early animation pipelines
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs:
- Comprehensive health benefits and a competitive salary
- Flexible hybrid working arrangements; leverage our beautiful studio spaces as needed, and use our $400 work-from-home allowance to make your home office comfortable
- Take care of your mental health with our Employee Assistance Program and our free gym at our Solo Studio
- We relentlessly support your growth and development! Level up your C++ skills at SkyBox University, and expand your game dev knowledge with Lunch & Learns. You’ll join a culture of empowerment, collaboration, and personal growth
- Social events! Have fun with the team at trivia nights, karaoke nights, movie nights, and group activities. Join our soccer team, game jams, or a board game sesh after work. You name it, we’ve got it!
- Generous relocation allowance to support your move to either Vancouver or Victoria
- You’ll contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to Original IP
Please note, only those who submit a gameplay animation reel with a focus on handkey animations will be considered for the role.
Our commitment to you:
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. You’ll join a collaborative, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around Canada. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things (and games!).
Only candidates who reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role. Additionally, although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Learn more about us at https://skyboxlabs.com/