Senior Gameplay Animator
Burnaby, British Columbia /
Permanent Full Time
Who is SkyBox Labs?
SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, supporting development of Fallout 76, and developing unannounced titles including partner projects and internal IP. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200+ engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
Interested? Let's talk about who we're hiring for:
We're looking for a talented Senior Gameplay Animator to join our Pitch team! By joining as a Senior on this team, your creative input and skills will be highly valued and instrumental in the development of the game. We encourage real ownership within our teams, giving members the space to express and expand their own originality.
If gameplay animation is your passion, and fresh ideas stoke your creativity, we encourage you to apply!
This role has the opportunity to work in a flexible hybrid model from our Vancouver or Victoria studios or could be permanently remote.
A snapshot of your role:
- Create a library of high-quality animations using hand-keyed creations
- Work proactively and collaboratively to improve animation pipelines
- Use your deep-rooted knowledge of technical gameplay animation systems as needed
- Contribute to maintaining a supportive and creative work environment
- Problem-solve and plan out animation results for optimal gameplay output
- Provide feedback and mentor others on the overall animation look and feel of the project using previs techniques
Sound like you? This is what we're looking for:
- 4+ years of experience working in games as a gameplay animator on AAA titles
- Solid understanding of animation fundamentals and creation/manipulation of both handkey and mocap data
- Experienced working on a variety of locomotion and attacks
- Strong experience using Maya and animation tools
- Proven proactive and organized work style, with an emphasis on communication
- Experience working on genres such as third-person action/adventure or first or third-person shooters
- Experience as a lead, unofficial lead, or point-of-contact for a professional animation team
- Experience with early animation pipelines
Please note, only those who submit a gameplay animation reel highlighting their hand key animations will be considered for the role.
And here is why we think you'll love working at SkyBox Labs:
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration, and personal growth.
At SkyBox Labs, you can contribute to industry-leading titles, from legendary AAA franchises to independent IP, without compromising on culture. As a rapidly growing independent company, we maintain a ‘small studio’ feel with our flat structure, leading with authenticity, and fostering connection.
We relentlessly support your growth and development. From team building through personal interest groups and clubs to studio-wide knowledge sharing through learning lunches, and more formalized programs like SkyBox U, we support our team every step of the way.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow to the studio that we are today while ultimately cultivating an environment of trust and mutual respect where you can thrive. We value our team members’ diverse backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and we celebrate them! This is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Flexible Hybrid and Remote Work Models:
With the goal to provide the best possible work environment for all, the majority of our team is working in a flexible hybrid work model from Vancouver and Victoria. The opportunity to work permanently remotely across Canada is also available for certain designated roles.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Only candidates that reside in Canada or are willing to relocate will be considered for this role. Additionally, although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/