Software Engineer | Halo Infinite
Burnaby, British Columbia
Permanent Full Time (RFT)
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite, connect players across platforms in Minecraft, or unleash your creativity on original IP. Skybox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. We are a co-developer on Halo Infinite, work on projects in the Minecraft universe, and also make original cinematic platformer, Stela. As one of Vancouver’s fastest growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, Skybox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 140 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
Our Halo Infinite team is looking for bright, engaged, and hardworking software engineers to join our team. Whether you enjoy being a generalist, or an expert in gameplay, AI, UI or systems, we have a place for you to contribute on this remarkable journey.
- Collaborate with designers and other engineers to help build new game features and pipelines
- Be an expert and owner for key areas of technology, but still know when to ask for help
- Guide, mentor, and contribute to the feedback process to improve the development team and our relationship with our partners
- Provide updates on technology risks and obstacles to engineering leads and project managers
- Push the boundaries of what you know by learning new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
- Expertise in C++
- 2+ years of professional experience in game development
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A commitment to self-direction, collaboration and constant improvement
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent knowledge of software design and architecture best practices
- Advanced skills in physics and math for 3D game development
- Experience shipping multiple successful AAA titles on PC and/or console
- Fluency in C#
- A passion for games!
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 140+ person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Skybox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.