UI Artist | Halo Infinite
Burnaby, British Columbia
Permanent Full Time (RFT)
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite, connect players across platforms in Minecraft, unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and original title, Stela. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 180 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
We are currently seeking an experienced UI Artist to join our Halo Infinite team! Working collaboratively with designers, engineers and artists, you will be responsible for creating high quality interfaces that result in a world-class user experience for players. Come put your skills and passion to work on the next big Halo experience!
- Design, implement and optimize UI art assets, graphics, animations and menu flows for Halo Infinite
- Work closely with the Art Lead to define the look and feel of UI
- Build wireframes and mockups
- Integrate assets using proprietary UI toolset and game engine
- Work collaboratively with UX designers, other artists and UI programmers to ensure we are creating an intuitive and compelling user experience
- 3+ years of experience in UI art and/or visual design within the games industry with a strong knowledge of UX/UI design
- Strong proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Experience working with 3D software such as Maya, 3DS Max or Cinema 4D
- Strong technical skills and ability to quickly pick up new software and technologies
- Ability to iterate quickly to determine the best solutions for UI and visual design
- A creative individual with a strong ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience shipping titles on PC and/or console
- Post-secondary education in graphic design or a related field
- A passion for games!
Along with your resume, we ask that you please provide an up-to-date portfolio that demonstrates your UI skills.
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 180+ person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.