Services Software Engineer | Halo Infinite
Burnaby, British Columbia
Permanent Full Time (RFT)
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite, connect players across platforms in Minecraft, unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and original title, Stela. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 180 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Services Software Engineer who will be responsible for developing, launching and maintaining large-scale, high availability web services for Halo Infinite! This team is focused on powering the Halo experience through the application of modern cloud services technologies.
- Develop, implement and support performant and high availability back-end web services and tools
- Maintain, troubleshoot and analyze existing services
- Write unit, integration and stress tests
- Help find bottlenecks and workflow issues
- Provide updates on technology risks and obstacles to leads and PMs
- Assist the larger team in the operation of a live web system
- At least 3+ years of professional software development experience in C#
- Experience working with modern web technologies and database systems
- Proven experience delivering large-scale, distributed systems
- Thorough and detail-oriented with strong technical problem-solving skills
- Intrinsic sense of urgency and proven high degree of responsiveness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Game development experience, specifically with online gaming platforms
- Proficiency in C++
- Fluency in Azure or other cloud service technologies
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 180+ person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.