Senior Gameplay Animator | Halo Infinite
Burnaby, British Columbia
Permanent Full Time (RFT)
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite, connect players across platforms in Minecraft, unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and original title, Stela. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 180 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is looking for a Senior Gameplay Animator to help create high quality character and creature animations on Halo Infinite. This individual will collaborate with a team of Animators, to work on a diverse portfolio of keyframe animations.
- Creation of high quality realistic animations sets involving human, creatures, vehicles, and weapons.
- Involvement with construction of animation trees and state graphs.
- Collaborate closely with designers, character artists and programmers in the implementation of game character’s behavior, look and feel.
- Participation in planning and various meetings with internal and external stake holders.
- 5+ years of professional animation experience with at least one AAA game shipped.
- Solid and compelling experience working on gameplay animations.
- Good understanding of weight, timing and feel for gameplay that is constructed from human key frame animations and motion capture data manipulation.
- Knowledgeable in implementing/modifying game animation systems and state graphs.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to self-manage while being flexible for edits and revisions of animation assets.
- Strong experience with the animation pipeline process and creative gameplay workflows.
- A passion for video games and video game animations
All applicants, please add a link to your animation reel. Please include gameplay animations in this reel to reflect your experience required for this role (or be prepared to explain this experience in a Cover Letter).
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 180+ person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.