Junior Software Engineer | Minecraft
Burnaby, British Columbia /
Software Engineering /
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite, connect players across platforms in Minecraft, unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and original title, Stela. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is looking for bright and talented Junior Software Engineers to join our team working on projects in the Minecraft universe! This is an exciting opportunity to work on a variety of gameplay systems and features shipping to multiple platforms. Come put your knowledge and skills to use in a fun and dynamic game development environment, while also being given continuous opportunities for learning and growth.
- Collaborate with a team of engineers to help drive engine and feature improvements
- Test software, address bug issues and identify performance issues
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback on how to develop and improve processes, tools and workflows
- Execute on software development tasks independently, but still know when to ask for help
- Push the boundaries of what you know by learning new technologies and systems to meet our technical and business needs
- Personal or professional game development experience (we love to see your personal projects!)
- A Github account (or similar) with up-to-date code samples
- Fluency in C++
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills with a quick ability to learn new tasks
- Flexibility to work on different areas of the project as needed
- A commitment to self-direction, collaboration and constant improvement
- Experience with modding or community-driven projects is a plus
- A passion for games!
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 200 person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.