Game QA Tester
Burnaby, British Columbia
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite, connect players across platforms in Minecraft, unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and original title, Stela. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 180 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is looking for a hardworking and motivated QA Tester to contribute to one of our exciting AAA titles across multiple platforms! The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of game testing principles, techniques and knowledge of software development cycles. This role is ideal for someone with a quick ability to learn and a passion to grow and develop their skills in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment. This is a 12-month fixed term contract with possibility for extension.
- Test in a variety of areas including features, stability, functionality, compatibility, guidelines, etc.
- Compose clear and concise daily and weekly reports for the team
- Own all or part of the testing efforts
- Create and improve test plans, test cases and/or test scripts with time estimates for completion in line with project deadlines
- Provide thorough documentation on tools and processes
- Communicate feedback effectively, both verbally and in writing
- At least 1-2 years of professional QA testing experience within the games industry
- PC, console and/or mobile testing experience
- A quick learner with strong attention to detail
- Strong understanding of how to document and escalate bugs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all disciplines on the team
- Ability to deliver feedback effectively and constructively
- Ability to write test plans within specific deadlines
- Experience using bug tracking systems
- A self-starter who is thorough and organized in completing all tasks
- Flexible to work on other projects as needed
- Knowledge of and/or experience in game programming, design or art
- Familiarity with PC hardware and ability to reconfigure systems as needed for test procedures
- Experience shipping at least one game title
- A passion for games!
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 140+ person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.