Producer | Minecraft
Burnaby, British Columbia
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite, connect players across platforms in Minecraft, or unleash your creativity on original IP. Skybox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. We are a co-developer on Halo Infinite, work on projects in the Minecraft universe, and also make original cinematic platformer, Stela. As one of Vancouver’s fastest growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, Skybox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 140 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
Skybox Labs is looking for an experienced Producer with a passion for game development to join us on our projects within the Minecraft universe! Our team is working on dynamic and complex projects, requiring someone who gets excited when managing many moving parts, and who recognizes what goes into making something extraordinary.
This role will be for an 8-month fixed term.
In case there is any confusion based on the number of different ways our industry can view the 'producer' role, we envision this role to be close to project management in nature.
- Partner with on-the-floor software engineers and content creators to develop plans for the creation of features
- Collaborate with leads to ensure overall alignment with high level goals
- Drive and track progress - including setting priorities, identifying potential challenges, and impressing urgency on others
- Report on progress to both internal and external stakeholders with the utmost maturity and confidence, utilizing support from prepared decks, documents, and excel models to strengthen your communication strategy
- Communicate project plans through organizing and running meetings with key stakeholders and teams
- 2+ years experience on a AAA game development team as a producer, project manager, or equivalent
- Ability to define, document, and present project plans in an organized and professional manner
- Effective verbal and written communication to manage confidence of partners and your team
- A perspective on different development methodologies
- Strong understanding of the different disciplines within a game team and the typical time-cost involved with deliverables from each area
- Personal maturity and integrity expressed through your business operations and professional relationship building skills
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 140+ person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Skybox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.