Character Surfacing Senior Artist
Madrid, Spain /
Animation - Madrid – Character Surfacing /
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As a Senior Characters Shading Artist, you will be involved in many aspects of the look creating high detailed texture maps and materials for the movies characters or props, working in coordination with production designer and Art department to deliver a visually impressive look. #Animation
- Create textures utilizing photography and pre-existing textures, as well as procedural textures in Substance Designer
- Create, adapt, and iterate, within a variety of artistic styles
- Precisely and accurately follow reference and direction to create the desired look
- Keep up on current artistic methodologies and on technology trends and tools in the development of a stronger creative and technical environment
- Work together with the team providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that contribute towards their artistic and professional growth
- Follow the Supervisor’s and Lead's guidance
- Guide and mentor other team members
- 4+ years of professional experience in VFX or animation industries
- Deep knowledge making UVs, skinning, rigging, lighting and optimization
- Extensive experience with Mari, Maya, Substance Designer, Arnold render, Zbrush
- Knowledge of Houdini, Scripting, classical painting, traditional drawing are pluses
- Proficient in English
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.