Assistant, Finance & Production
Mid-City, Los Angeles /
Animation - LA – Executive/Administrative Assistant /
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
If you’ve ever dreamt of what the early days of Hollywood must have been like, of what it takes to roll up your sleeves and break new ground, figure out a new process, and to one day say, “I was there when it all began,” then welcome aboard…
Skydance Animation is looking for an Assistant to support the SVP & VP of Finance and SVP of Production. The role includes but is not limited to heavy day-to-day scheduling, tracking, and data processing. The ideal candidate has experience providing administrative support within the entertainment industry and is highly detail oriented. An enthusiasm to learn the business behind an animation studio and grow within finance and/or production is desired!
- Provide organizational and administrative support to Executives
- Heavy schedule and calendar management, including coordination of internal and external meetings/calls across multiple time zones
- Screen and respond to incoming calls and correspondences
- Direct documents to appropriate parties and obtain approvals when necessary
- Maintain and organize shared databases, electronic filing systems, tracking grids
- Prepare reports and presentations in PowerPoint, Excel, and MS Word as required
- Assist accounts payable and payroll processes
- Coordinate with Production Accountants, feature and television production teams, agencies and other external partners as needed
- Manage travel bookings for Executives, including overnight and international accommodations, arranging itineraries, processing of documentation
- Maintain and process monthly expense reports
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- 1+ year administrative assistance experience, within financial and/or production capacity preferred
- Experience within an animation studio, a plus
- Proficiency and comfort in Excel
- Strong project and time management skills, attention to detail with ability to multi-task in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently through strong written and verbal communication skills, interface with all levels of management
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
The hourly rate range for this non-exempt position in Los Angeles is $22.50-27.50/hour. The rate offered may vary based on the candidate’s location, qualifications, experience and relevant expertise, among other factors. The range indicated is for base salary only and does not reflect the total compensation package, including bonus, benefits, etc.
We realize that skills and expertise can come from many different experiences and paths, and we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements as written in the job description.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.