Layout Senior Artist
Madrid, Spain /
Animation - Madrid – Layout /
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As the Senior Layout Artist, you will be responsible for generating the previz of the film in accordance with the established storytelling guidelines, working closely with the Lead/Layout Supervisor.
- Ability to show in images the sensations that the Layout Supervisor requests
- Knowledge of different visual languages in order to face all kinds of scenes: action scenes, intimate scenes, etc.
- Camera Refine knowledge and helping the team
- Editing skills, at the level of keeping/creating the rhythm of a sequence
- Share artistic methodologies and technology trends and tools that best suit the production and the company
- Ensure a proper breakdown of the scene as well as good management of your own work
- Works together with the team providing them with support, guidance and instruction in areas that contribute towards their artistic and professional growth
- Follow the Supervisor’s and Lead's guidance
- 3+ years of professional experience in animation industries (series/movies)
- Related story-telling experience
- Knowledge of Maya
- Proficient in English desirable
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.