Madrid, Spain /
Animation - Madrid – CFX /
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As a CFX Artist, you will create high quality grooms and hair shading lookdev for characters in the film development process and develop dynamic rigs for characters and execute CFX work in shots including character simulations, geometry correctives and groom correctives.
- At least one of the following areas of expertise, and interest in learning the others: creating fur, hair, shading/lookdev and hair simulation rigs; creating cloth simulation rigs; creating muscle, flesh, skin and fat simulation rigs; creating high quality cloth, hair and skin simulations & correctives for shot work in production.
- Work within the established pipeline.
- Involvement in the development of departmental tools and techniques.
- Collaborate with other team members, when necessary.
- Follow the Supervisor’s and Lead's guidance to deliver the highest quality work, matching the picture style.
- Work closely with production to ensure the desired work is delivered and that deadlines are met.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, set priorities and problem solve.
- 2-4 years of professional experience in VFX or animation industries.
- Good understanding of Maya.
- Knowledge of anatomy, tailoring, physics (asset).
- Knowledge of grooming tools, xGen, yeti, proprietary (asset).
- Knowledge of Ncloth, nHair, proprietary (asset).
- Knowledge of Houdini, Marvelous Designer (asset).
- Experience with Python, Maya API (asset).
- Strong English language proficiency desirable.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.