Lead QA Engineer - Web
Redwood City /
Software – Test /
Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer dedicated to test web applications that unlock the full potential of autonomous drones for major enterprise and government markets at unprecedented scale.
How you will make an impact:
- Live on the cutting edge of our development cycle, testing and improving new Skydio Web features and interactions between web, mobile apps, and the physical device as they are developed
- Own and implement Skydio’s Web testing processes and systems, and work closely with Platform SW engineers to build the right hooks into our deployment systems
- Run through regression tests and refine test plans to help capture and report bugs before they reach the customer
- Document issues using bug tracking software
- Assist in system test execution manually running smoke tests
- Collaborate with the Software Platform and Flight Testing teams to help refine test cases and update test plans
- Experience testing web apps for SaaS products and/or consumer hardware products
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary product development teams to identify, track, and resolve cosmetic and functional bugs in pre-release software
- A great sense of how to find vulnerabilities in design and demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Experience with test automation, working with CI/CD systems, and rolling changes through multiple cloud environments (dev -> QA -> production)
- Experience using bug tracking tools like JIRA and Confluence as part of a team
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture across race, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, experience, neurodiversity, and background. Together, our goal is to ensure that autonomous drones are deployed ethically and effectively across all industries.