NPI Manufacturing Engineer
Skydio is seeking a talented multi-disciplinary engineer to define, implement, and continuously improve the manufacturing processes for our next generation of products. In this role, your contributions will drive quality, speed to market, productivity, and profitability.
How you will make an impact:
- Collaborate with product development, quality, supply chain, production, and test teams to define product manufacturing requirements.
- Analyze product design and work with engineering to design in assembly optimizations.
- Design, implement, and validate fixtures, equipment, and process controls to ensure stable manufacturing within fast development schedules.
- Define line layout and provide progressively refined labor, cost, and capacity estimates
- Proactively identify and mitigate productivity and yield losses.
- Continuously improve quality and efficiency while reducing cost through reduction of waste and variability using lean and six sigma methods.
- Experience in product development process through multiple product launches
- Ability to prioritize own tasks against development schedule to maximize effectiveness
- Strong electro-mechanical background, preferably with consumer and industrial electronics
- Enthusiasm to dive in and provide creative solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, and cross-functional teamwork skills
- Proficient in CAD (Skydio uses CATIA)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.