Software Engineer - Security & SRE
Redwood City /
Software – Security /
Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
We are building highly secure cloud systems for major enterprise and government markets -- we are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer who is excited to deploy, manage and grow scalable security information platforms.
How you'll make an impact:
- Develop and deliver secure cloud systems that enable enterprise use-cases on the Skydio Platform
- Evangelize and implement best-practice security mechanisms across all Skydio software (cloud, mobile, on-drone)
- Own our monitoring and logging solutions for maintaining high-availability cloud services
- Implement CI and CD workflows that allow automated deployment from Development to QA to Production
- Proactively build defensive mechanisms into on-vehicle and cloud systems to prevent malicious use
- Take ownership on a wide range of systems and drive projects from concept through shipping
- High proficiency in Python
- 3+ years experience running systems on AWS
- 5+ years experience with cloud, infrastructure, and/or security engineering
- Linux systems expertise
- Expertise with DevOps tooling: Terraform, Ansible, etc
- Expertise with linux containers and container-orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes
Our technical stack:
- Our web and systems backend software is primarily written in Python, uses Protobuf for data serialization, and communicates with Mobile Apps, a Typescript front-end, and APIs on the drone. We have some C++ libraries for efficiently processing drone telemetry data, and use Celery for managing task queues and workers.
- Our main cloud backend is built with Flask, SQLAlchemy, Postgres, Redis and run with Gunicorn, Nginx on AWS infrastructure. We primarily use Terraform and Ansible to provision and deploy services, with Docker deployments for many of them. We use a variety of AWS services, including SQS, Kinesis, IOT, SNS, and the usual suspects EC2, S3, and Route53.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture across race, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, experience, neurodiversity, and background. Together, our goal is to ensure that autonomous drones are deployed ethically and effectively across all industries.