Quality Assurance Technician
Skydio 2 is the easiest to fly, least likely to crash drone on the planet and we are proud to be building it right here in America. We manufacture Skydio 2 in house right across the street from our headquarters. We are seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Technician (QAT) to aid in the development and execution of production systems. The ideal candidate will be flexible, detail-oriented, and skilled at working with various cross-functional teams (manufacturing, quality, and hardware). As a QAT on the team, you will champion the quality of our products from the assembly line using both automated and manual tests, and reporting and verifying defects.
Please note that the hours for this position is 2:15pm to 10:45pm.
- Verifies incoming material conformance to specifications by adhering to basic mechanical drawings.
- Supports the resolution of material issues, as required, by working with warehouse personnel
- Creates and maintains inspection plans, logs, and reports
- Screens for poor quality events in manufacturing and design
- Adheres to production quality standards, inspection, and test systems and drive compliance of quality on production line
- Provides mechanical measurement support to identify or solve potential supplier material issues
- Inspection/verification of in-process built material
- Analyze and investigate defect trends that improve incoming material and outgoing product quality
- Experience using quality measurement tools (gauges, calipers, scales, etc)
- Computer skills with knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Attention to detail as applied to inspections
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience meeting tight deadlines
- 2+ years experience in a Manufacturing Quality Control environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.