Wireless System Architect
Drones and autonomous systems are a new frontier for wireless systems. We have an exceptionally strong, tight-knit team spanning many disciplines.
If you are excited about building custom long-range radios, delivering high performance wireless systems, and contributing to the development of next generation wireless communication solutions, we would love to hear from you.
How you'll make an impact:
- Own and drive the end-to-end performance and delivery of the Skydio wireless systems
- Build and lead a multidisciplinary team of engineers
- Perform communication system analysis across available technologies and connectivity solutions to determine system architectures that achieve high performance
- Analyze and evaluate new radio technologies and wireless connectivity solutions
- Drive vendor engagement related to system architecture design with their wireless connectivity solutions and evaluation of their data-sheet specifications
- Regularly review published research articles on current and future wireless technologies that are of interest to Skydio
Preferred Qualification & Skills:
- MS or PhD degree in Telecommunications, Digital Signal Processing, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of experience in system design of wireless communication systems, especially in LTE and/or WiFi radio technologies
- 3+ years of experience in developing and delivering a wireless sub-system into consumer electronics products
- Experience in Hardware design of wireless communication links using either third-party components or FPGA and SDR platforms
- Deep understanding of PHY and MAC layers of LTE/NR and/or 802.11
- Deep understanding of RF circuits and components and their impact on overall system performance
- Experience in evaluation testing of wireless connectivity platforms
- Software modeling of wireless communication systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.