PhD Research Intern
The core of our system is the computer vision algorithms that allow drones to understand the world around them. You will architect and implement the algorithms that run on every drone powered by Skydio as part of a world class computer vision team with researchers who have pushed the state of the art in academia and industry.
As a PhD research intern, you will be paired up with one or more members of our core software development team, assuming direct ownership of a project that meaningfully advances the capabilities of our team and products.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Enable rapid research and development of intelligent systems with advanced autonomous capabilities beyond anything that exists in the world today
- Research, prototype, and generally assess the feasibility of new approaches
- Imagine and then implement new features that unlock magic for our users
- Characterize and quantify the performance of core components of the software and hardware stack
- High proficiency in C++ and/or Python
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for one or more of the following: computer vision, deep learning, motion planning, dynamics and controls, 3D graphics, embedded software/firmware, distributed systems, tools/infrastructure, mobile
- Solid software engineering foundation and a commitment to writing clean, well-architected code
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, small team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.