Software Engineer - Commercial Products
Skydio is putting the power of autonomous drones into the hands of enterprise partners tackling problems related to inspection, mapping, inventory, and emergency response. These represent some of the first deployments of truly autonomous robots to perform valuable real-world tasks in large and critical industries. A vital component of this success involves building applications that leverage our autonomy system to meet the demands of specific commercial verticals.
How you'll make an impact:
- Develop targeted applications on the Skydio Skills SDK, leveraging our Autonomy platform, to novel commercial engagements.
- Travel to customer site locations and engage with end-users to gain a deep understanding of a specific commercial vertical demands and augment the details of Skydio’s value proposition in particular industries.
- Collaborate between functions (Autonomy, Mobile, Design, Infrastructure, and Product Development) to understand the capabilities of the Skydio Platform and how it can be adapted to fulfill a commercial need.
- Build and test rapid prototypes to validate industry requirements and take ownership of those prototypes as they mature into robust, revenue generating commercial products.
- Guide the code release and testing process to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Capture, understand, and react to a customer’s feedback and potentially changing demands, and ensure day-to-day reliability of the software product.
- Design core API hooks when new use-cases arise.
- Experience building projects interfacing with and creating applications for robots or hardware devices.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals; emphasis on Python familiarity, algorithms and data structures, and design and usage of APIs.
- Highly curious, creative, and technically savvy, and able to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment and interfacing with many different people and roles.
- iOS or Android development experience
- Robotics/UAV/Autonomous systems experience
- Familiarity with databases and modern cloud technologies
- Performant C++
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.