At Skydio, the combination of our platform, technology foundation, and team enables our engineers and researchers to develop, deploy, iterate, and improve upon the state of the art in robot autonomy better and faster than anywhere else in the world.
If you have a strong foundation in math, theory, and software development and you’re interested in directly contributing to the development of the next generation of autonomy algorithms and pushing them into real products, we would love to hear from you.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Leverage your strong foundation in the relevant theory and your software engineering skills to develop, implement, and optimize real-time autonomous flight algorithms spanning computer vision, deep learning, motion planning, and controls
- Develop a deep understanding of core robotics principles coupled with a full understanding of how our system works
- Research and prototype new approaches
- Develop methods for characterizing and quantifying flight algorithm performance
- Be a generalist helping out on all aspects of the software system when needed
- Direct, hands-on experience implementing state of the art algorithms in one or more of the following areas: computer vision, deep learning, motion planning, controls, robot autonomy software
- Demonstrated ability to make the math, algorithms, and code all line up and work well on real-world problems
- Solid software engineering foundation and a commitment to writing clean, well architected code
- High proficiency in Python and/or C++, preferably both
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.