RF System Engineer (Desense)
The RF system connects users with our autonomous systems. As intelligent flying machines gain more independence, the demands on range and bandwidth are increasing; there is a huge opportunity to innovate within existing architectures to bring an incredible, highly-engineered product to market, and to define the next generation of RF frameworks and technologies. Skydio’s highly integrated electromechanical systems provide a rich set of engineering challenges and a huge opportunity to make an impact!
How you'll make an impact:
- Collaborate with EE and PD teams to maximize the performance of the system designs
- Perform circuit level analysis to debug desense issues and characterize nature of aggressor/victim
- Work with electrical engineers in designing PCBs to reduce and mitigate noise sources & assist other RF engineers in system integration
- Take the product through development and compliance testing
- Work with antenna design and test vendors to ensure the quality of the overall system design
Preferred Qualification & Skills :
- MS in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in desense evaluation and testing of consumer products for compliance with wireless specification and standards
- Willingness to learn and go after the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Knowledgeable in analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuit analysis
- Excellent technical understanding of one or more of the following radio technologies: WiFi, LTE, Bluetooth and GPS
- Good understanding of physics of radiated noise coupling mechanisms
- Experience with PCB layout and schematic capture for RF circuits
- Experience using simulation tools such as Ansys and Keysight ADS
- Experience with lab equipment such as network analyzers, CMW500, spectrum analyzers, power meters, near field probes, etc.
- Experience with best design practices for EMI/EMC, ESD and RF signal routing
- Experience with performing TRP, TIS and Rate Vs Range measurements will be plus
- Able to disassemble prototype products, make HW modifications to find and eliminate noise contributors
- Able to work independently in the Lab to simulate and optimize RF circuits.
- Scripting experience to automate test flow is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.