Software Intern - Platform or Web
Skydio is scaling its Platform Software Team to look beyond Skydio’s best-in-class consumer platform and enable functionality that allows our enterprise partners to deliver value using our unique autonomous drone technology.
Powering this enterprise feature-set is a software platform that spans on-vehicle, cloud and web systems and that can support thousands of connected drones and their data.
An ideal intern candidate is a junior/senior level college student with industry experience developing complex web applications or backend data systems.
We are looking for interns for summer 2020. You will be paired up with one or more members of our core software development team, assuming direct ownership of a project that meaningfully advances the capabilities of our team and products.
- Robotics Software Development Concepts
- Familiarity with REST-ful APIs
- Familiarity with Linux operating system configuration and build tools
- Understanding of cloud service offerings (AWS, GCP), deployment techniques, and configuration management
- Management and usage of relational databases (Postgres, MySQL) and caching systems (Redis, Memcached)
- Solid software engineering foundation and a commitment to writing clean, well-architected code
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, small team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.