Skydio is seeking an experienced Warehouse Operations and Inventory Manager to help manage the rapid growth of Skydio’s complex hardware products. This person will report to Skydio’s Manufacturing Manager and be responsible for building and maintaining Skydio’s inventory management systems, receiving and inventory of parts, leading daily/weekly material fulfillment for the production line, fulfilling orders and managing inventory to deliver the future of autonomous flying machines.
How you'll make an impact:
- This individual will be focused on parts management, ensuring every item gets to its destination in a timely manner by using a forward looking ability to ensure that there are no shortages.
- Lead the reception and recording of new stock and outgoing stock all the way to shipping while ensuring compliance with federal, state, city, carrier’s warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements.
- Stay current by studying existing and new legislation; enforce adherence and advise management on requirements.
- Champion warehouse operations operational objectives by contributing warehouse information and recommendations to strategic plans; complete audits; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; setting metrics, resolving problems and identifying trends.
Useful skills and experience:
- Design and execution experience with inventory management systems. Demonstrated ability to maintain data accuracy and implement improved data input and management methods.
- Interest and ability for logistics planning and various shipping methods; awareness of dangerous goods and customs requirements.
- Working knowledge around warehouse and inventory database management systems and inventory control systems.
- Strong practical knowledge in warehouse design, layout, flow, handling systems, and equipment.
- Ability to analyze and improve process workflow, resourcing, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Knowledge of best practices around workflow, warehouse, and shipping layouts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.