Mobile Engineer - Beacon
When a drone understands its surroundings, it can respond to a much richer set of input commands, allowing a user with a mobile device to communicate with the drone at a much higher-level than before. Skydio’s Beacon is designed specifically to support and enhance the UX of the tracking use case for which Skydio is the unrivaled leader. You will play a key role in making sure the Beacon experience is as powerful and intuitive as possible.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Lead development and implementation of new Beacon UI.
- Develop APIs and on-vehicle Skills code to support new UI and customizations for the Beacon and Controller.
- Work with other Mobile engineers ensure tight integration between the accessories and the Phone apps.
- Work closely with our Robot UX team to support the prototyping and development of novel control schemes.
- Iterate on designs based on user feedback, internal testing, and your own experience piloting Skydio 2.
- Proficiency in C++ and python
- Experience with test driven development
- Experience with UI, UX and/or robotics
- A commitment to writing clean, well architected code
- A passion for creating a quality user experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.