Redwood City /
Finance – Accounting /
Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
We are looking for a driven Staff Accountant to ensure our AP, AR, and Payroll functions are well maintained as we continue to scale the business. The ideal candidate has a deep knowledge and understanding of the requisite functions, building efficient processes, and maintaining compliance. This role reports to the Accounting Manager and will work closely with other Finance team members and cross functionally with other departments.
How you'll make an impact
- Enter invoices and receivables, and follow up when deemed necessary for timely payments and collections; maintaining good relationships with vendors/customers and responding to inquiries
- Gain a strong understanding of the business in order to code invoices to appropriate expense and balance sheet accounts
- Monitor communications from employees and vendors to collect and pay all invoices in a timely manner
- Manage new vendor setups by acquiring W-9 form from vendors and entering vendor information in the accounting system; assist with vendor, 1099, and ad hoc reporting as requested
- Maintain all information pertaining to billing and manage the AR Aging report for daily billing and collection efforts
- Audit employee expense reports in Concur and confirm alignment with Company’s policy
- Participate in month-end closing and accruals
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance as requested
- Communicate with employees and management to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and in a timely manner; book payroll-related journal entries and reconcile them to service reports
- Audit timesheets to ensure hours are properly recorded and inputted into the payroll system
- Research, analyze, and resolve all discrepancies, reporting to management as needed, monitor all accounts continually for accuracy
- Reconcile payroll and benefit transactions on a Bi-weekly basis ensuring new employees are classified correctly.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience; Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related degree
- Experience at growing companies, preferably startups
- Experience with Oracle/NetSuite, bill.com, and Concur
- Manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining precision
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a strong focus on organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high level of comfort working with all levels of management, employees, and vendors
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal direction from management to accomplish objectives and meet deadlines
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture across race, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, experience, neurodiversity, and background. Together, our goal is to ensure that autonomous drones are deployed ethically and effectively across all industries.