Manufacturing Design Engineer
Redwood City /
Hardware Operations – Manufacturing /
Skydio is an autonomous drone startup in Redwood City, California. Prior to Skydio our co-founders met as MIT grad students and co-founded Google X's Project Wing. Thanks to our incredibly strong team spanning many disciplines, we're now the leading US drone company and the world leader in drone autonomy.
Our initial focus has been on the consumer video capture market, where we recently launched our second product (launch video). We also have a number of customers who are using the consumer device as a platform for enterprise and government applications with more specialized autonomy (e.g. inspection, emergency response).
We're seeking a talented multi-disciplinary engineer to define, implement, and continuously improve manufacturing processes for our next generation of products. In this role, your contributions will drive quality, speed to market, productivity, and profitability.
How you'll make an impact:
- Collaborate with product development, quality, supply chain, production, and test teams to define product manufacturing requirements.
- Work with design team to identify and incorporate manufacturability and assembly optimizations.
- Design, implement, and validate fixtures, equipment, and process controls to ensure stable manufacturing within fast development schedules.
- Define line layout and provide progressively refined labor, cost, and capacity estimates
- Proactively identify and mitigate productivity and yield losses.
- Continuously improve quality and efficiency while reducing cost through reduction of waste and variability using lean and six sigma methods.
- Experience in product development process through multiple product launches
- Ability to prioritize own tasks against development schedule to maximize effectiveness
- Strong electro-mechanical background, preferably with consumer and industrial electronics
- Enthusiasm to dive in and provide creative solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, and cross-functional teamwork skills
- Proficient in CAD (Skydio uses CATIA)
- Bonus points for: Python, SQL
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.