Wireless Performance Lead
Redwood City /
Hardware – Wireless /
Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
We’re looking for an experienced Wireless Performance Lead to manage and drive network performance metrics, optimize network parameters and conduct Over-The-Air testing in complex scenarios.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will develop and customize advanced wireless solutions for dedicated drone <-> control and drone <-> drone wireless communications links.
- Skydio's unique wireless use case provides multiple challenges with respect to fast changing frequency selective channels, interference and extended range.
- You will help customize and modify existing standard solution to achieve our challenging performance indicators.
- You will drive and perform conducted and OTA tests in real life use cases to verify the wireless link.
- You will work in a multi-disciplined team that includes Systems, Firmware, Antenna and RF design Engineer to achieve this goal. and drive the performance discipline within the group.
Preferred Qualification & Skills:
- Strong background in wireless channels and associated impact on system performance
- Experience with RF lab equipment such as Wireless Test Equipment, PHY Level Test Equipment, Protocol Analyzer
- Understanding of WLAN protocols and performance metrics
- Experience with WLAN PHY and MAC level Firmware is preferred
- Can work in a collaborative environment with multiple teams alongside Systems, Software and RF Engineers
- Strong debugging skills in a variety of environments including those close to hardware
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture across race, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, experience, neurodiversity, and background. Together, our goal is to ensure that autonomous drones are deployed ethically and effectively across all industries.