Mobile Engineer - Android
When a drone understands its surroundings, it can respond to a much richer set of input commands, allowing a user with a mobile device to communicate with the drone at a much higher-level than before. We're looking for an Android Developer who is excited to help design, develop, and polish mobile apps for the most powerful real-world tool of our generation.
How you will make an impact:
- Design and prototype advanced drone interfaces, and then polish a consistent mobile experience for release to the world.
- Apply your knowledge of the ins and outs of the ecosystem and leverage the unique APIs that Android has to offer.
- Improve user experiences by incorporating augmented reality, in-app content creation, and sharing capabilities.
- Iterate on designs based on user feedback, internal testing, and your own experiences piloting Skydio 2.
Useful skills & experience:
- You have shipped an app in the Google Play Store that you can provide as a reference
- Comfortability working in the Android ecosystem (Java, Android Studio, Gradle, adb) and using Linux
- Experience shipping apps for multiple devices and across platforms
- You can write C++ and have worked with the Android NDK.
- You know how to create tools and automate your workflow with python scripts.
- Our Android codebase is primarily written in Java, but we know Kotlin is the future of Android development, and are actively migrating.
- Skydio’s Autonomy Engine is powered by an extensive C++ codebase, which our Android and iOS apps leverage for critical communication with the drone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.