Truly autonomous drones are a new product category that demand a new kind of mobile experience. Forget complex joysticks and awkward tilt-controls: we are crafting completely novel interactions that leverage Skydio’s onboard intelligence to empower a much broader, more diverse audience of drone users.
An ideal candidate is a junior/senior level college student with experience developing mobile applications, ideally in Java/Kotlin or Swift.
We are looking for interns for summer 2020. You will be paired up with one or more members of our core software development team, assuming direct ownership of a project that meaningfully advances the capabilities of our team and products.
- Experience building iOS or Android apps using Swift, Java or Kotlin
- Proficiency with Python and/or C++
- Experience with Constraint-based layout systems (e.g. ConstraintLayout, AutoLayout)
- Solid software engineering foundation and a commitment to writing clean, well-architected code
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, small team environment
- Our iOS codebase is primarily written in Swift 5, leveraging Apple’s best practices for UI development
- Our Android codebase is primarily written in Java, but we know Kotlin is the future of Android development, and are actively migrating.
- Skydio’s Autonomy Engine is powered by an extensive C++ codebase, which our Android and iOS apps leverage for critical communication with the drone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.