Autonomy Engineer - Robot UX
Skydio makes intelligent robots that are intuitive, trustworthy, and useful tools for humans. Our platform, technology foundation, and team enable our engineers and researchers to develop, deploy, iterate, and improve upon the state of the art in robot autonomy better and faster than anywhere else in the world.
Our drones are fully autonomous agents operating in the wild, where they encounter a huge variety of unexpected situations that they have to handle gracefully to ensure a great product experience. As a UX-focused engineer on the Skydio Autonomy Team, you will be responsible for equipping our drones with the decision-making and communication skills required to handle every situation in the safest and most reliable way.
How you will make an impact
- Maintain and improve robot health system
- Make sure the right messaging displayed to the user
- Investigate incidents of unexpected behavior
- Create proper robot reactions to events
- Solid software engineering foundation and a commitment to writing clean, well architected code
- High proficiency with C++ and Python
- Detail-oriented, user-centric approach to delivering safe, reliable, and compelling user experiences
- Interest in robotics and human-robot interaction is required. Practical robotics and/or mobile experience is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.