Product Quality Engineer
Skydio 2 is the easiest to fly, least likely to crash drone on the planet and we are proud to be building it right here in America. We manufacture Skydio 2 in house right across the street from our headquarters. We are seeking a multi-disciplinary and experienced product quality engineer to aid in the development and execution of production systems.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Work with product development, manufacturing, marketing, and outside partners to implement and execute and support a comprehensive quality strategy that spans the life of the product from prototype through volume production and warranty repair
- Analyze and investigate defect trends that improve incoming material and outgoing product quality
- Establish end product quality standards and drive compliance on production line
- Design and develop quality processes, inspection, and test systems that yield predictable product quality results within fast development schedules
- Generate timely DFx feedback and work with engineering to make optimal design trade-offs for Skydio’s long-term success
- A great sense of how to efficiently screen poor quality events in manufacturing and design
- Executing NPI and manufacturing quality plans
- Experience with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) and statistical analysis
- Technical whole-product engineering experience involving firmware-controlled electromechanical systems
- Excellent project management, communication, and cross-functional teamwork skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.