Senior Analyst - FP&A
Redwood City /
Finance – FP&A /
Skydio is looking for a Senior Analyst to join the Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team. The right individual will be a key contributor to the FP&A and Go-To-Market teams in developing accurate forecasts, reporting on business metrics and driving strategic decisions through modeling and analysis. The Senior Analyst will interact regularly with senior executives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Maintain and improve Skydio’s Quota, Revenue, Bookings, and Commissions models. This includes managing a rolling forecast for the business
- Develop and analyze data, financial, and business metrics used by the Company and senior management to drive business performance and track growth initiatives
- Perform ad hoc analyses that drive strategic business decisions
- Act as a contributor to the annual budgeting and quarterly outlook processes in order to ensure all departments and operations are executing to the financial plan
- Investigate variances between actuals and forecasts to understand trends and potential risks and opportunities for Skydio
- Coordinate with Accounting, Sales Operations, Marketing, and various information holders to collect, organize, and analyze Company data and to summarize key takeaways for senior management
- Assist in the design and implementation of new financial processes
- 3 to 5 years of experience in financial analysis, including excellent analytical skills and a strong proficiency in financial modeling; experience at a top-tier investment bank or consulting firm a plus
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required. Salesforce, Anaplan and/or Adaptive experience a plus
- Solid understanding of corporate finance and basic accounting required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. Proactive self-starter with the ability to multitask and prioritize appropriately to meet tight deadlines
- High attention to detail is a must
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Comfortable working with and articulating financial concepts to department managers and senior executives
- High standard for integrity required for exposure to confidential Company performance, legal contracts and employee information
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Accounting or Economics related field required
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture across race, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, experience, neurodiversity, and background. Together, our goal is to ensure that autonomous drones are deployed ethically and effectively across all industries.