Technical Training Manager
Redwood City /
Customer Success – Customer Success /
Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
We are looking for a driven, results oriented Technical Training Manager to lead Skydio’s training efforts for our Enterprise and Federal customers. You will be the tip of the spear for successful customer adoption of Skydio’s technology by planning, building and leading hardware and software training. A successful candidate for this role will understand the customer’s requirements, Skydio’s specifications, and tailor training to meet their needs within budget. Additionally you must be comfortable operating in an agile environment and using expert organizational skills to manage multiple training events for products in different phases of development. This role reports to the Sr. Director of Customer Success and will work closely with our Training Content Manager, Product, Engineering, and Sales functions to deliver industry leading autonomous solutions on schedule.
How you'll make an impact:
- Plan, design, execute and track remote and in person training events to teach customers about Skydio’s technology stack and ensure successful customer implementation.
- Be a UAS industry and regulatory/Part 107 SME to lead customer’s employees through training while ensuring compliance with FAA, state and local guidelines.
- Leverage your UAS experience and ability to learn quickly to become a Skydio SME and drive home differentiation during training events.
- Leverage LMS’s, other remote content delivery, and train-the-trainer to provide instruction to the maximum number of organizations.
- Leverage your expert organizational skills to build multiple overlapping training plans, identify risk, dependencies or resource shortages.
- Work cross functionally with sales and Go-to-market teams to understand customer use cases and adapt training to maximize value to the customer.
- Work cross functionally with training content, product and engineering teams to keep all training material updated with most current HW/SW versions.
- General support of go-to-market & business activities as required.
- Extensive first-hand technical UAS experience, knowledge, and enthusiasm.
- FAA Part 107 Certificate required.
- Experience with automated or semi-automated flight planning software.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills to audiences of all levels.
- Training design, development and facilitation experience is required.
- Experience leading training of UAS or other robotic systems with enterprise or government customers is preferred.
- Bring a strong background in one technical area (Examples: UAV systems, radio systems, software, security, prototyping, UI/UX design.)
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
At Skydio we believe that diversity drives innovation. We have created a multi-disciplinary environment that embraces the power of diverse perspectives to create elegant solutions for complex problems. We are committed to growing our network of people, programs, and resources to nurture an inclusive culture across race, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, experience, neurodiversity, and background. Together, our goal is to ensure that autonomous drones are deployed ethically and effectively across all industries.