Web Software Engineer - Enterprise Products (Typescript)
Skydio is putting the power of autonomous drones into the hands of enterprise partners tackling problems related to inspection, mapping, inventory, and emergency response.
We’re building an exciting host of new web products--we’re looking for an experienced Frontend Web Software Engineer who is excited to help design, develop and ship web applications that unlock the full potential of autonomous drones for major enterprise and government markets at unprecedented scale.
How you'll make an impact:
- Collaborate across functions (product managers, designers, engineers) to deliver customer-facing product features that enable enterprise use-cases on the Skydio Platform
- Build fast and easy-to-use web applications for enterprise and internal users
- Design efficient and reusable front-end components and abstractions
- Create utilities and frameworks for interacting with real-time data and media from Skydio drones
- Work in a modern web technology stack and help make quality-of-life tooling and infrastructure improvements
- Mastery of at least one modern state-management framework (e.g. Redux, Mobx, Apollo)
- Knowledge of web security fundamentals (e.g. XSS, CSRF, Cookies, token management)
- Have built data visualization and/or media playback applications
- Ability to navigate and unblock yourself in a majority-Python codebase
- Familiarity with data serialization and structured data formats (e.g. Protobuf, Cap’n’Proto)
Our technology stack:
- Our web codebase is primarily written in Typescript and uses React, Redux, and Redux-Toolkit in most apps. We’ve used Three.js, Cesium.js, and various plotting libraries for data visualization. Our build is based around Rush.js + Yarn and integrated into our larger Skydio Build System. We use shared libraries for reusing complex components across applications, and test them using Storybook.
- We’re transitioning to using Protobuf-based APIs to communicate with our backend but some legacy APIs still use JSON. Our telemetry data is in a proprietary data format, and we’ve built Typescript bindings to efficiently deserialize it in the browser.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.