Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Redwood City /
Hardware Operations – Manufacturing /
Skydio is the world leader in autonomous flight, the key technology for the future of drones and aerial transportation. The Skydio team combines deep expertise in artificial intelligence, best-in-class hardware and software product development, and operational excellence to empower a broader, more diverse audience of drone users - from action sports enthusiasts to first responders to insurance claims adjusters.
We are seeking a talented multi-disciplinary engineer to define, implement, and continuously improve manufacturing quality processes. In this role, your contributions will directly drive product quality, speed to market, productivity, and profitability.
How you'll make an impact:
- Collaborate with product development, manufacturing, supply chain, and test teams to define manufacturing quality requirements
- Design and develop quality processes, inspection, and test systems that yield predictable product quality results within fast development schedules
- Work closely with manufacturing and infrastructure teams to improve defect reporting and tracking systems
- Proactively identify and mitigate productivity and yield losses.
- Drives cross-functional Material Review Board meetings to classify, prioritize, and triage defects to appropriate team
- Ensure defects are contained, failure root cause is determined, and corrective action is implemented and validated
- Analyze and investigate defect trends that improve incoming material, internal process, and outgoing product quality
- Experience supporting manufacturing through multiple product cycles
- Experience with quality inspection points in manufacturing, cosmetic criteria, yield metrics and reporting
- Technical whole-product engineering experience involving firmware-controlled electromechanical systems
- Strong data processing and analytical skills (jira, SQL, MiniTab/JMP)
- Ability to define and improve quality data systems
- Enthusiasm to get a hands on understanding of complex problems to develop solutions.
- Ability to prioritize own tasks in a dynamic, fast paced environment to maximize effectiveness
- Excellent project management, communication, and cross-functional teamwork skills
- Innate attention to detail and organization
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.