Mobile Engineer - iOS
Truly autonomous drones are a new product category that demand a new kind of mobile experience. Forget complex joysticks and awkward tilt-controls: we are crafting completely novel interactions that leverage Skydio’s onboard intelligence to empower a much broader, more diverse audience of drone users.
How you'll make an impact:
- Define and develop the primary user interface for the world’s most advanced autonomous flying camera.
- Combine your knowledge of the iOS ecosystem with our Drone Intelligence API and set the gold standard for what a drone app should be.
- Develop features for controlling the drone’s movement and behaviors (3d camera manipulation, initiation of context-specific cinematic maneuvers, etc).
- Improve user experiences by incorporating augmented reality, in-app content creation, and sharing capabilities.
- Iterate on designs based on user feedback, internal testing, and your own experience piloting Skydio 2.
- Establish and guide the quality assurance process for production mobile, including the App Store deployment.
- You have a passion for meticulously crafted interfaces that strike the correct balance between ease-of-use, elegance, and power.
- You’ve shipped code to the App Store and experienced the joys (and frustrations) of getting feedback from real users.
- You appreciate the value of code-review and other collaborative development practices.
- Our iOS codebase is primarily written in Swift 5, leveraging Apple’s best practices for UI development.
- Skydio’s Autonomy Engine is powered by an extensive C++ codebase, which our iOS and Android apps leverage for critical communication with the drone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.