At Skydio, the combination of our platform, technology foundation, and team enables our engineers and researchers to develop, deploy, iterate, and improve upon the state of the art in robot autonomy better and faster than anywhere else in the world.
If you have a strong foundation in math, theory, and software development and you are interested in directly contributing to the development of the next generation of autonomy algorithms and pushing them into real products, we would love to hear from you.
We are looking for interns for summer 2020. You will be paired up with one or more members of our core software development team, assuming direct ownership of a project that meaningfully advances the capabilities of our team and products.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Enable rapid research and development of intelligent systems with advanced autonomous capabilities beyond anything that exists in the world today
- Research, prototype, and generally assess the feasibility of new approaches
- Imagine and then implement new features that unlock magic for our users
- Characterize and quantify the performance of core components of the software and hardware stack
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for one or more of the following: computer vision, deep learning, motion planning, dynamics and controls, 3D graphics, embedded software/firmware, distributed systems, tools/infrastructure, mobile
- Solid software engineering foundation and a commitment to writing clean, well-architected code
- High proficiency in C++ and/or Python
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, small team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.