Software Engineer - Beacon + Controller UX
Skydio drones fly with a complex software system that rivals front running robot autonomy systems anywhere in the world. Our goal is to develop drones that anyone can pick up and fly. In this role, you will play a major part in the development of UX features on Skydio’s accessories (beacon and controller).
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Lead the development and implementation of software on new features for Skydio accessories that control the drone’s movement and behaviors (e.g. 3D camera manipulation, initiation of context-specific cinematic maneuvers, etc.)
- Iterate on designs based on user feedback, internal testing, and your own product instincts
- Adding polish to current software features
- Proficiency in C++ and python
- Experience with test driven and development
- Experience with UI, UX and/or robotics
- A commitment to writing clean, well architected code
- A passion for creating a quality user experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.