Antenna Design Engineer
As intelligent flying machines gain more independence, the demands on range and bandwidth are increasing. As Skydio’s first Antenna Design Engineer, you will own the design and integration of antenna systems for cutting-edge products that bring state-of-the-art autonomy to a wide range of consumer and enterprise markets.
How you'll make an impact:
- Architect and design high performance antennas from 700 MHz to 6 GHz
- Collaborate with ID/PM/Mechanical/RF/Hardware Engineering teams to define antenna requirements and performance goals.
- Conduct laboratory benchtop RF/antenna prototyping, testing & iterative design modifications.
- Support EMI and RF desense mitigation and testing.
- Debug and resolve system level Antenna-RF issues to achieve regulatory and performance goals.
- Proficiency in design, characterization and modeling of antenna using s-parameters, circuit integration and test using mock-ups and bench-top microwave equipment, including spectrum and network analyzers.
- Solid knowledge of antenna fundamentals and radiation theory EM simulation experience.
- MSEE is required. Ph.D is a plus.
- 5+ years of research or development experience in the general areas of RF and antennas.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience with volume manufacturing of antenna systems.
- High-Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS) or equivalent experience.
- Experience performing antenna pattern measurements using either far or near field techniques, and antenna gain measurements.
- Responsive, flexible, attentive to detail and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.